Taxis and Travel Apps
LAX-it is the new way to get to your Taxi or travel app services. When exiting LAX walk or take the free shuttle bus outside baggage claim on the lower/arrivals level on the inside edge outside the baggage claim areas at the green LAX-it signs.
Taxis drop off passengers at the edges of the upper level terminal, Departures area.
Taxis can be picked up at three locations:
- At LAX-it next to Terminal 1 - Passengers can walk or ride the free, convenient shuttle service, which arrives every 3 to 5 minutes, to LAX-it to hail a cab. Passengers should wait at the GREEN LAX-it signs on the lower/arrivals level in front of each terminal.
If you need help boarding or loading your luggage, there are people with green vests outside and inside each terminal ready to assist you. If you need special assistance in the LAX-it lot, tell the driver when you board the bus. The driver will call ahead and someone will be waiting to help you to your cab when it arrives.
- Inside parking structure 3 (temporary closure) between Tom Bradley International Terminal (Terminal B) and Terminal 3 - for passengers arriving at those two terminals
- At the Terminal 7 end outside baggage claim - for passengers arriving at Terminals 7 and 8
Only authorized cabs with an official seal issued by the City of Los Angeles Department of Transportation on each vehicle are allowed to pick up at the airport. Authorized Taxicab Supervision (ATS) - cab management and dispatch services: 310-646-9177.
Authorized cab companies serving LAX
- Bell Cab Company
- Beverly Hills Cab Company
- City Cab
- Independent Taxi
- United Checker Cab
- United Independent Taxi Drivers (UITD)
- United Taxi of San Fernando Valley (UTSFV)
- Yellow Cab
If you need an accessible cab, call the cab dispatcher (310-646-9177). An accessible cab will be dispatched from the waiting lot to the LAX Central Terminal area closest to the ACCESS location indicated by the DARK BLUE sign on the terminal curb. Service animals are permitted in cabs at no additional charge.
Paratransit Users (Access Services)
If you are a registered Paratransit user and requested to be picked up at the airport, Access Services (Paratransit's Los Angeles area service company) may send a cab to pick you up. Paratransit cabs display the Access Services logo and are authorized to transport passengers from the inside curbside of the passenger arrival terminal. Paratransit cabs are not allowed to pick up passengers at the airport.
Lyft, Opoli and Uber are the authorized providers of ride app services at LAX. If you take a travel app to LAX you can be dropped off directly at your terminal on the upper level / departures.
If you need assistance getting on or off the bus, ask the bus operator for help. Once on your way to the LAX-it lot, use their app to schedule your trip. Always confirm that you are boarding the correct vehicle with the designated driver listed on the app.